Tarot for Romeo and Juliet


I blow kisses unto it, my latest book, Tarot for Romeo and Juliet, as I get ready for the launch event at EyeCorner Press in a few days. This is my 15th book in the Philosophy of Divination category. EyeCorner Press also celebrates 15 years of operation. 

It was befitting my heart's desire to celebrate the number 15, especially since it's associated with the Devil in the Tarot. It amuses me that the mainstream culture dictates us the idea that the Devil makes us do strange things, and hence we want to stay away. But what if we knew better?




As I look at my celebratory book, filled with silk and passion and gold galore, I think of how a thing of beauty is a thing of beauty, and therefore always conquering the useless idea.




The launch event at my house centers around the passions of the heart. As the heart in love races towards the lover, the idea with this book is that we race towards the thing of beauty. 

Infinite love is a thing of beauty, but who gets to experience it? Such an experience is not possible without knowledge of the heart of man. The book investigates into this knowledge, offering in counterpoint prose poems of power. 

In these poems Romeo and Juliet fail at communication on the surface of things. But beneath the veil of the impossible, there's another world. A world of arctic cathedrals, books that deal with the topic of thinking with demons, and racing cars. Ayrton Senna makes an appearance, and so does filmmaker Werner Herzog. Romeo and Juliet watch vampire films, and hunger for touches that are not within the reach of any words. A book for the heart whose squinting eyes have perfect vision.




I like October. It's my birthday month. I'm ageing, but my memory is on point. And so is the world's anticipation of this limited edition, fine binding book. I predict a flash sale for the art variations, faster than any Formula One car. I close my eyes to see Senna: 'leave it to me,' he says, grand necromantic style. And I do, I do, for some of us like this sort of love affairs, or relationships with speed, precision, and touches of the soul.





Comments

Popular Posts