BEAUTY


Here’s a story. For once the Danish postal service is behaving decently – usually they mess things up all the time. No one would admit this, as this is Denmark, right? The milk and honey land? Right. Everyone is perfect here. And most happy, they say.

So the mailman wakes me up very early morning. A package. I’ve been waiting for this one for a few weeks now. Now it’s here. My own, rather ad hoc, logo design for my cartomantic website, Taroflexions, has been immortalized in the form of a pendant. Handcrafted and hand hammered in the woods of Tennessee by magical silversmith Aidan of Tveir Hrafnar, specializing in talismanic jewellery.



This piece is simply beautiful, like all true labors of love. It came out of a whisper that was then heard by someone out in the sticks. This is what I call touching true inspiration. Taroflexions hanging on my bosom feels like butter. I’m with Empedocles on this one. The four elements stylized as diamonds, clubs, hearts and spades make me think of what is truly important, namely, being hopelessly in love. Such a state is always beyond duty and obligation. Beyond good an evil. Beyond humanity. Nature never judges, but it avenges herself when insulted. I like wearing the earth around my neck. The telluric forces ignite my passions, and I burn in deep waters without thinking.

I drew three cards for it. ‘What do you come to me with?,’ I asked.


Ace of Diamonds, 5 of Clubs, and 4 of Hearts. A message of craftsmanship and dedication, indeed, landing in the heart of emotional stability. The silversmith has not left the woods in three years, he told me, and I’m jealous. I hold Taroflexions in my palm and make a wish for a wooden house surrounded by trees. ‘There was a cut piece that I dropped in my workshop, and that I was unable to find again.’ It looks like the monogram, my initials, the CE, the semiluna with a dash, didn’t want to leave that place. I told the silversmith that I like the idea of bits of my soul scattered in certain places. I think of such places as a refuge. I need those for magical purpose.

4 hearts for the 4 suits. Counting my blessings can start at number 4. I can plant my stang in the North. That’ll make 5. Divining for the letter can make you hear the winds. Nature’s breath. With it we can do magic of the highest.

May you all be blessed with understanding, and beautiful things.



§

Note on the deck: Otto Tragy, Stralsunder, 1910.

Comments

Popular Posts