CELEBRATION

Today I thought I caught a glimpse of Bach and Walt Whitman together. As I was trying to ask myself why Bach is so sublime, and in answering to myself that it's because he knew how to celebrate himself, a weird wire from Bach to Whitman electrified my own self. Statistically speaking, as weird occurrences happen at a much higher frequency than we like to believe, and hence, the weird is never as weird as we like to believe, I settled for the idea that, indeed, if we want to experience being wired to something that resists full comprehension, then we have to listen. Just listen. We can even listen to the smell of autumn as it vibrates through strings.





Comments

Eva Stang said…
I am now wired to Bach and Whitman through your celebration, and toghether with them I caught a glimpse of Ezra Pound making a pact with Walt Whitman, and Shelley was also there breathing in the wind of autumn....
Camelia said…
How nice, to have the bottom line of life - you get born, you live, you die - enhanced by experiencing the revelation of beauty through wiring. For what else is there, really? Thanks for throwing Shelley and Pound back at me.
Robert Gibbons said…
Beautiful, wonderfully said!! Merci!! -rg

Popular Posts